Caring for You
Care for adults with a life-limiting condition registered with either the Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre or Woodbury Surgery.
Patients can access care and support by speaking to your GP, district nurse or hospital doctor who can arrange a referral for you.
The services offered cover:
- Specialist palliative care advice from Clinical Nurse Specialists to patients who have been diagnosed with a progressive life-limiting illness e.g. cancer, lung, heart and neurological conditions.
- Hands-on nursing care and advice in the patient’s own home, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through our Hospiscare@Home service.
- Liaison with GPs, community nurses, hospital teams and other agencies.
- Support for patients and their families/carers to enable patients to stay in their own home if home is their preferred place of death.
- Transport for patients needing treatment or day care.
- Support for the bereaved.
All our services are offered free of charge. We receive no Government, NHS, Clinical Commissioning Group or other funding and rely entirely on the financial and voluntary support generously provided by the local community to continue our services.